In the very strange times that we find ourselves in at the moment, looking after our health and wellbeing has never been more important. As the seasons change and the weather gets cooler, your Arctic can be a great place to relax and enjoy the benefits of hydrotherapy during a particularly tough time of year for our wellness.
Here at Arctic, we firmly believe that winter is the best time of year to use a hot tub! Our spas were born in the cold climate of Alberta, Canada, and love nothing more than snow and ice.The experience of relaxing in warm water while everything around you is crisp, fresh or frozen brings hot tubbing to a whole new level.
If like us, you like to use your spa all year round, here are our top tips for winter:
1. Plan your exit strategy! Wrap up and keep warm with a dressing gown or robe and some slippers for getting in and out of the spa. For an extra treat, pop your robe and towel in the tumble dryer!
2. Clear any snow from the top of your cover with a soft brush, not a shovel to avoid damaging your hot tub cover.
3. If you’re planning on draining and refilling your tub, ensure that this is done before the temperatures fall below freezing.
4. Make sure that your hot tub cover is securely fastened and in good condition for blustery winter weather.
5. Keep hydrated! Being very warm when it’s cold outside can have an adverse effect on your body so make you drink plenty of water.
6. Check your water level. It’s important to keep an eye on the water levels in your spa during the winter – particularly if you’ve not used it for a while.
If you have any questions about getting ready for winter, get in touch! Our showrooms are currently closed, but we are able to welcome you over video call or telephone. We’re available Monday-Saturday 9am-6pm for customer service or sales enquiries. Get in touch on 0330 0582 900 or simply click here to visit our website www.arcticspas.co.uk