Summer is back on! Now that we can start getting a bit of normality back, let’s make the most of it.
With the summer BBQ and outdoor entertaining season just around the corner, now is a great time to give your hot tub a spring clean by draining, cleaning and refilling your tub to be ready for guests.
We often get asked how to drain and refill a hot tub and it really is much more simple than it sounds!
Here are the Arctic team’s top tips for a stress free water change:
- Open your drain on the outside of your cabinet to empty your water.
- After all of the water has drained, sponge out (or use a wet/dry vac) any remaining water in the seats and footwell area.
- When your spa is empty and dry, use a clean cloth and Arctic Clean and Protect to wipe the acrylic and remove any dirt, focusing around the water line and around jets.
- As soon as your hot tub is sparkling, you can start to fill it back up by placing a hose in the filter bucket or in the bottom of the spa. This will help to prevent airlocks. Depending on water pressure, this should take a few hours.
- Once your spa is filled and the water has reached your favourite temperature, check your PH and alkalinity levels before applying your chosen sanitizer. If you require any additional chemicals they are available to order from Arctic Outdoors or in store at your closest Arctic Spa dealer.
It really is that simple!
Happy Hot Tubbing from the Arctic Spas Team.
If you have any questions about getting ready for winter, get in touch! We’re available Monday-Saturday 9am-6pm for customer service or sales enquiries. Get in touch on 0330 0582 900 or simply click here to visit our website (https://www.arcticspas.co.uk)